Skip to main content

Lets try again - 13/03/18


I'll admit I'm weak now and get it out of the way.

I did not fast yesterday. 

I had very good intentions, but they are often blasted to tiny little pieces in the face of toddler determination.

I was doing well, 11:00 came around and I was still just on fluids (for reference the small boy had been up since 05:30), and it was snack-before-nap-time. He chose an apple. He took one bite out of it and handed me the other one from the fruit bowl. He then refused to eat his apple if I wasn't eating mine. And he's a smart one, he knows the difference between fake eating and real eating, he would inspect my apple after every bite before taking a bite of his own.

Failure one doesn't seem so bad. In the grand and cosmic scheme of dieting I could have snacked on something much less healthy and more calorie-laden.

Unfortunately, that is just where it started to go downhill like an avalanche.

The reason I tend toward fluid only fasts is because I like eating. Once I start, I then find it very hard to stop.

The corner of a sandwich, the small bite-ette of a cookie (a gift from his aunt which he wanted to share with me) they all add up to a bad case of “not fasting at all”.

By dinner time I was starving and unhappy. However, I did not cave to carb cravings. I made a fabulously delicious salad with an omelette.

Salads are made divine by experimentation with herbs spices and juices, no oil required. NomNomNom

And the definitive banning of iceberg lettuce.

I am not going to make a knee-jerk reaction and decide that today I will fast too. Because even though (probably) I didn’t stay under my 500cal restriction*, I was nowhere near a proper “eat” day calorie intake.

I will just be careful. and try to fast again on another day when I am better prepared, the boy is in nursery, and I'm not preparing his meals while trying not to eat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using the Right Activity Levels - (or don't lie to yourself)

How active are you? Can you answer this honestly, without padding it with extras you assume will constitute a higher activity level than you  actually  achieve?  You might think that being a parent of an energetic pre-schooler would keep you active, but the sad truth is that it doesn't. What about all the washing, cleaning, cooking, laundry, and playtime? It doesn't account for much besides the average daily movement. You need to  ACTIVELY  increase your activity levels for it to make any difference to your estimated calorie intake. Doing active things that are part of your daily routine is normal. Otherwise, we could quantify every trip to the kitchen to make a drink or walk to the bathroom as part of our regular exercise. This is not the case. TDEE vs BMR The  calorie calculator  that I use on my weight loss journey is from the 5:2 Fast diet website. It's one of the better ones for accuracy and tweaking for activity, and weight down to 0.1kg. When I input my

Another Restart - with added health issues

Another Restart - with added health issues Photo by  i yunmai  on  Unsplash It looks like I'm starting again, this time even heavier than before. Nth time, the charm? 107.5kg It's not quite the heaviest I have ever been, but it's not far off. My heaviest was 110kg* I am worried about my health.  Since quitting breastfeeding at nearly two years, no hormonal birth control, and no major changes to my diet, I have gained a significant amount of weight that I can't account for with calories in/out. In addition, it has ALL gone to my belly. I am not joking. I wear the same bra size; I wear the same trousers (the waist won't fasten if there's no elastic) but I have turned into a barrel. Even at my heaviest, I maintained a consistent 1-2 dress-size disparity between hips & waist and 2-3 between bust & waist, i.e. my waist was always around two dress-sizes smaller than my bust and hips. I have a sneaking suspicion (more than a suspici

Thursday 15th January - First weigh-in

Good Morning People,  And what a wonderful morning it is. It was my first official weigh-in today and I am very happy with the result. The number on the scales this morning was  96.1kg – First semi-target I am ecstatic, this means that 5:2 might actually work for me. I’ve never had that kind of weight loss in a week, even with the silly short term diets that claim it will happen. I’m not getting too carried away however I know this first week is just water weight, possibly even the first fortnight. I expect the rate to slow dramatically but this has really got my morale up, along with noticing that I’ve lost 2cm from my bust and hips and 1cm from my waist and neck, a total of 6cm in a week. It can’t be bad. So the question now is whether I can keep this up and if I can hit my first "Lindy Bop dress" target by the beginning of February. Fingers crossed. In answer to a possible question - no I'm not going to blow it today I know that