Skip to main content

Home cooked food and calorie counting

I'm all for 'clean' foods and home cooking, you know exactly what is going into your food and how to count the calories in your meal. The only problem is when someone else is doing the cooking. How do you show up to someone else's home and ask for an exact detailing of EVERYTHING they're putting in the food they're preparing? It's just rude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Weather:Activity Ratio - It's terrible

No matter how determined you might be, when the weather gets too hot, motivation to move goes way down (unless you have a strange fetish for being drenched in your own sweat). Hot weather has thoroughly beaten us here in Cyprus. While we're used to the usual Mediterranean climate, this year has been weird. Winter, winter, (can't be bothered with Spring) mild winter... Crap, it's May already. Here have SUMMER! And BOOM! Straight from low 20s to high 30s (that's degrees Celcius) in just a couple of days. I won't lie, it has drenched me in my own cooling fluid for nearly a week, and my motivation to move has been somewhere subterranean. Just as I had gotten into a routine of walking and quick bursts of high-intensity activity, I now have no desire to move at all. Don't Beat Yourself Up I have a half-baked theory that we shouldn't try to push ourselves too hard in extreme temperatures. I'm heavy, and like many others who struggle with their weight, it ...

Running – Oh My GOD!

I’m not a runner, I have monumentally knackered knees, a VERY large bosom and I suffer from perpetual fear of ridicule. I’m fat, you know this if you’ve been reading my posts, and I hate exercising where people can see me, I feel ridiculous. That feeling that you are completely surrounded by fit, thin people, all of whom are judging you for allowing yourself to be so unfit and overweight. In practice I’m sure this isn’t true (almost sure).  I’m going to start running on Monday. Okay scratch that I’m going to start walking with brief periods of running thrown in to get me started. It’s not much but it’s a start and I’m pretty sure my knees are never going to get strong enough to run unless I start to run. My main issue is bounce, I have a single sports bra that stops the bounce but it’s not all that comfortable because I feel like a trussed up turkey. The problem is that I feel like I’ve been tied and bound in all the sports bras I’ve ever tried. I’ve tried running ...

Heat and Calorie Consumption

Have you ever wondered why you don’t feel like eating in the middle of a heat wave, or why you overeat in the cold winter months? I began thinking about this recently because we are suffering a heat wave, here in sunny Cyprus.  When I began this way of eating it was January, the weather had turned chilly (for me at least) and on my ‘fast’ days I was really cold. I understood this to be normal and continued on, losing the accumulated weight quite rapidly.  My weight-loss took a bit of a pause (and a small U-turn) and when I finally got myself back into the routine I found that the weight wasn’t shifting. Not only was I sticking to the plan I had increased my water intake too. But the weight was stubbornly refusing to shift at any kind of sensible rate (you may have noticed by my recent weigh-in updates).  It occurred to me that losing weight in the UK may be different from here. There, the summer temperatures rarely rise above 28 or 29 C and in winter can ...